Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Countdown to Orf in Africa - 11 Days

One of the amazing and rewarding things about doing this project is the people I have interacted with as part of my preparation. It started when I was last in Aus, bouncing all the logistics off all my mates. And what do you know....people know people!

Thanks to Alex and Cam Feltham I got to share a beer with Paul Carozza at their kitchen table. Paul is a former Wallaby and currently part of the QRUs rugby development program and has put together a package of QRU love for the kids. Thanks mate.


Thanks to UE Walker I got an introduction to Marto of Wallaby and Triple M fame. And Marto tells me that George Gregan (most capped Wallaby ever) was actually born in Lusaka, Zambia. How's that! Marto is now trying to organise an intro to George who will hopefully be quite interested in a dopey Aussie bloke trying to teach rugby to a bunch of eager Zambian orphans. Thanks Marto, that's gold.



PS I'm hoping I haven't infringed any copyrights and that the headshots I've chosen are acceptable to the guilty!

Special mention must also go to Moorey who did his best to get me an in with the ARU - very ordinary when your contact decides to leave the country!

Cheers

Orf almost in Africa...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, tried to comment again, no luck, keeps saying I have an account which I have no idea about!!!!! Anyway, a whole lot of good Paddo men pulling together for the kids.....really lovely

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my boy in the piccy, around about 1992 -he doesn't wear as much yellow these days! So cute still. I could strap that left thigh personally....

    Sandra Carozza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you have stopped dealing with idiots and are trying to help people who actually will appreciate your efforts.

    Keep up the good work.


    George Kara

    ReplyDelete