Followers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Orf In Africa - Second last Weekend......Devil's Pool

Weekends are time to explore the beauty of this place. Victoria Falls is one of the seven natural wonders of the world - and it is easy to see why! Low water and still awesome.






Today a group of us went to Devil's Pool - a wicked natural little eddie right at the edge of the falls. We swam across rapids to get to the pool and just jumped in. One of the most awesome experiences ever!


Contemplating the plunge into Devil's Pool - Ends inches from the edge!

Screw it.....life is for living!


Alive and safe at the edge - right at the edge!

Looking 'over' the edge with guide holding our ankles!

7 comments:

  1. Unreal shots Orf....bet your little ticker was pumping double time.Life is for living....but dunno if I could have done that? Oh dear...now my boys want to know where it is and when can we go there! Stay safe. Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dadda! hows it going! be careful up there you were so close to the edge! anyway missing you heaps over here! on the count down! ten days to go!
    love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dada
    I love u but how thick could u get looking over a water fall with a man holding on to your ankels
    I love u and I miss u
    10 days to go

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Orf,

    Great shots. I'd like to try it myself but I would first attach a pretty strong leg-rope from me to a really solid tree.

    Keep up the good work.
    Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Orf,
    Looks so beautiful. Great to see you having a great time. Money wired hope you get it before you leave. Love Hannah's comment - Kern would have done exactly the same.
    Love Don xx

    ReplyDelete